Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blogger's block

What do you call the feeling that you get when too may random, completely diverse thoughts run through your head? And I don't mean run through your head occasionally. They run all the time. They're so quick and fast following one another that one cannot stop long enough to dwell on any one, to blog a significant length about it. Blogger's block?

Samples from today:

Some lives are like a lit cigarette. Once they are lit, even if you don't drag on them or blow to ignite further, they will burn anyway, though insignificantly, till they burn out.

How I wish I had entered that Peony Jade restaurant in Singapore. The name is so quaint and a perfect candidate for getting into an oriental mystery. If I'd peeked at the interiors, it would have been fodder for a story, perhaps.

I saw the minutest bug on an ochre yellow tile in my balcony. It was just a speck of dirt that didn't move. Till it did. I imagine that's exactly what we'd look like to observers in a far away galaxy.

Sea blue pilings by the pool, mini oranges by the sidewalks, serene Buddha by the spa, cobbled grey walkways and rust red outdoor showers - few places bring together the colors of nature as harmoniously as at the Windflower, Mysore.

The last thought is the only one I've put into action. It made me up and create a collage for my blog header. Pics in the collage: Windflower, Mysore; my water lily, my begonia in bloom, the Peony Jade and arbit buildings in Singapore.

Hopefully now I'll write about these places that impressed me.

3 comments:

Teddy said...

Encore...encore...:). Lovely collage!

Rajavel said...

nice collage of words too !

Manjusha said...

It always is the case with me too! I can't remain fixated on a line of thought for too long. Unless of course it is an obsession - and those I'd rather not blog about! :)
The blog then, reads more like a gush!